Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blog #2

Two blogs in two days - so far, so good.

Last night, I went to bed at 9:00, which is pretty weird considering my standard is usually to stay up until around midnight. There were two reasons for my early departure:

1. I was exhausted. My weekend was rough (my bro's surprise party took a lot out of me). Partying until the wee hours of the morning is getting more difficult with each passing year.
2. I had to be up at 5am today.

People who know me well, know that I'm not one to get up any time before 8am unless there's a good reason for it. And even then it takes a lot. After some deliberation, I decided to start donating plasma. Today was my first visit, which meant I either had to go in at the butt crack of dawn or risk sitting in thick traffic after work. I chose the butt crack.

Everything went well; it's an interesting and thorough process. They even took a scan of my fingerprint, so I'm sure that's sitting in a database somewhere for the government to trace if I ever decide to go on a bank robbing rampage or something equally immoral and exciting. It's a small price to pay for the $20 in my pocket. Oh yeah, and I saved some lives.

Stay tuned.
-bmo

No comments: